August 5

GRADE PREP WEEK 5 TERM 3 REMOTE LEARNING 2020

GRADE PREP WEEK 5 TERM 3

REMOTE LEARNING 2020

10th August 2020 – 14th August 2020

READ ALONG WITH MRS MENHENNET!

Hello to all my Grade Prep students from Cambridge Primary School and whoever else might be reading this post.

This is week 5 of Term 3 2020 and all my Prep students are remote learning at home!

We are going to be doing a bit of Visual Arts learning around the topic of  self portraits!

In week 2 I asked you to draw a self portrait after watching a video.

In week 3 I asked you to draw a monochromatic self portrait after watching another video.

I have made folders on your grade’s Class Dojo  or Seesaw page for you to upload photos of your self portraits for Week 2 and Week 3. These photos are evidence that you have completed this work.

Here are the instructions for the Prep Specialists Rich Task.

If you have already completed your Specialists Rich Task you can skip this bit. On the audio file you can press the fast forward button.

This Rich Task will require some thinking and some organising. You will need time to complete it. So the Grade Prep Rich Task should be uploaded to your grade’s Class Dojo or Seesaw folder or portfolio by the end of WEEK 6!

For this Prep Specialists Rich Task, you will need to create a self portrait using “stuff” from around your house.

NO DRAWING!

Label your facial features in English and Italian.

You also need to create an animal face.

NO DRAWING!

Label the facial features of the animal in Italian and English.

Photograph your self portrait and your animal face using your device.

How will you complete this self portrait and animal face without drawing?

thinking emoji

What will you use to create this rich task?

You will be using things that you already have at home.

You have lots of CHOICE with how you create your self portrait and animal face.

Perhaps you will create your self portrait with counters or blocks

or  with lego

or with stuff from the kitchen cupboard

or cut pieces of paper

or paper plates

or wool or string

or fabric scraps

or playdoh and pasta

or stuff out of the laundry basket

or you could use some of these things

or all of these things

or something I haven’t even listed!

You could even use yourself as part of a huge self portrait like this person!

I am giving you lots and lots and lots of choice

in how you create your rich task

I am NOT telling you to go out and buy new art materials or things to use!

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

You need to THINK about what you already have at HOME and HOW you can use it.

Now STOP!

Before you start running around your house like a crazy person collecting objects let’s think about this.

I do not want you touching any objects that don’t belong to you without permission.

I also want you to know and understand that all good artists clean up after themselves.

So, every single thing that you use in your rich task has to be put away properly and correctly after you have finished photographing it.

I cannot wait to see what you create!

Here is a story for you to enjoy. This is ‘The skin you live in’ by Michael Tyler.

READ ALONG WITH MRS MENHENNET!

Your VISUAL ARTS TASK FOR WEEK 5 is to write a comment on my blog about the story.

It is easy to write a comment on my blog. Don’t forget to use capital letters and full stops.

At the end of this blog post you will find a section titled,

LEAVE A COMMENT (or add a comment if nobody else has written one yet!)

Under that is a large box in which you type your comment. It looks like this. You can’t write in this one, Silly. You have to use the box at the bottom of this post.

After you have written your comment there is an anti spam box. The anti spam box is there to prove you are a real person not just a computer bot generating random comments. You need to copy the text from the anti spam box into the other box, just like in the photo below.

Then you type your name into the name box. Don’t forget to tell me which grade you are in.

In the next box you type your email address. If you don’t have an email address then you can ask someone from your family if you can use their email address.

Click on the little square at the bottom and you will get an email when I write the reply to your comment.

Finally click on the button that says POST COMMENT and you will have successfully written a comment.

Congratulations. You have just written and posted a comment on the Back Art Room Blog!

You have until the end of week 6 to upload your rich task,

Have fun,

Mrs Menhennet

48 thoughts on “GRADE PREP WEEK 5 TERM 3 REMOTE LEARNING 2020

Hi Wilson,
      The world would be so boring if we were all exactly the same.
      Our differences are what make us interesting.
      I hope we get to work in the art room together soon.

Hi Mannan,
      Yes, all skin colours are beautiful.
      I hope we get to work in the art room together soon.

Hi Emily,
      I am very glad you liked the book.
      I hope we get to work together in the art room soon.

Hi Senya,
      Yes, our skin is all different but we a re all the same!
      Is Yethmini your sister?
      Is she a good big sister to have?
      Do you have any other brothers and sisters?

1. Jessica Prep E

I liked this story especially the bit where the girl was swimming because it reminded me of when I go swimming at the pool in summertime.

Hi Jessica,
      Swimming at the pool in summertime seems so far away on a cold day like this.
      I’m so glad you liked the story.
      I hope you have been enjoying my blog posts.
      I hope we get to work together in the art room soon.
      I miss my art room and my students. 🙁

1. shelleymenhennet (Post author)

I really needed your comment to boost me up today!
          It made me feel good.

2. Miarose

That was a very beautiful video Mrs.Menhennet. Thank you for posting it for us. From Miarose.

Hi Miarose,
      You are welcome!
      I really like that story too.
      THat’s why I posted it for you to watch.
      I hope we get to work in the art room soon.

Hi Amelia,
      I’m so glad you lie Visual Arts.
      I hope we get to work in the art room together soon.

Hi Aneesha,
      I am so glad you enjoyed this book. I love it too.
      Yes, all the shades of skin are beautiful – and underneath we are all the same!
      Have you been enjoying my blog posts?
      I hope we get to spend time in the art room together soon.

Hi Thridha,
      I’m so glad you liked the story.
      Have you been enjoying the blog posts?
      I hope we get to spend time working in the art room together soon.

Dear Daniel,
      I am so glad you liked the story.
      Everybody’s skin colour is beautiful!
      My skin used to be a much richer colour than it is now. It has really faded since I never go out in the sun anymore without lots of sunscreen on.
      Have you been enjoying my blog posts?

Hi Thomas,
      I agree with you. We are all the same inside.
      The book tells us that we are all different but still the same.
      I hope you have been enjoying my blog posts.

Hi Ezra,
      I loved the faces in the book too.
      The book showed us that we are different but still all the same!
      I hope you are enjoying my blog posts.

Hi Luke,
      You are right.
      We do all have different skin but we are all the same.
      I really liked this book.
      I hope we get to work together in the art room soon.

Hi Mitchell,
      I am so glad you enjoyed the book.
      I hope we get to work in the art room together soon.
      I miss my art room. 🙁

Hi Erin,
      I’m happy that you love Visual Arts and I hope we get to work in the art room together soon.
      Do you like my blog posts?
      from Mrs Menhennet

3. Sashane Ekanayake ( Prep A )

Hi Mrs Menhennet. It’s me Sashane from Prep A. It was a great story and I loved it. Thanks for all your support and I really love to do visual art and its very very interesting.

Thank you so much once again.

Love
    Sash

Hi Sashane,
      I’m so glad you liked the story.
      love,
      Mrs Menhennet

4. Alissa of PrepA

I like the different colors of skins. My skin is a bit yellow. I like it, but I want to become pinky more. And I like my friends have all different colour skin.

Hi Alissa,
      I also like that my friends have all different coloured skin.
      Life would be boring if we were all the same!
      My skin was always different to my brother and sister’s skin.
      In the summer my skin would turn a deep golden brown, like my Mum’s skin. My brother and sister just used to go bright pink and then red because they were sunburnt, and then their burnt skin would just peel off!! Yuck! This was just the same as would happen to my Dad. This was before we all realised that being out in the sun with our skin unprotected wasn’t a good idea. Now, I never go out in the sun without sunscreen on and I haven’t had golden brown skin for a very long time.
      Thank you for writing a comment.

Hi Emily,
      Yes, the book is about the different skin we live in.
      I think it is a great book as it explains how we are all different but still sort of the same.
      Thank you for leaving a comment.

Hi Ricky,
      I am so pleased that you love art. I hope weget to work in the art room together soon.
      Have you been enjoying my blog posts?

Hi Likhita,
      Yes, just like the book says, even though our skin might be different colours we are still the same underneath.
      The same but different!
      My skin was always different to my brother and sister’s skin.
      I think it was a lovely book to share.

5. Naysha Miglani Prep D

The skin you live in book was a good book and I like all the skins in that book.

Hi Naysha,
      I’m gladd you liked this book. I love it.

6. Vihaan Mandalapu. Prep C

I like the book “The skin you live in”. I have a brown skin and my friends have White skin, Brown skin, Black skin and Pink skin. And I love all of my friends.

Hi Vihaan,
      I also like that my friends have all different coloured skin.
      Life would be boring if we were all the same!
      My skin was always different to my brother and sister’s skin.
      Thank you for writing a comment.

Hi Reya,
      I’m so glad you enjoyed the book Beautiful Oops.
      I hope we get to spend time in the art room together soon.