July 21

GRADE PREP WEEK 3 TERM 3 REMOTE LEARNING 2020

GRADE PREP WEEK 3

TERM 3 REMOTE LEARNING 2020

(27th July  – 31st July)

READ ALONG WITH MRS MENHENNET!

Hello to all my Grade PREP students from Cambridge Primary School and whoever else might be reading this post.

This is week 3 of Term 3 2020 and all my Prep students are remote learning at home!

We are going to be doing a bit of Visual Arts learning around the topic of  self portraits !

Last week I asked you to draw a self portrait after watching a video.

I hope you kept last week’s self portrait somewhere nice and safe. You will need to submit last week’s self portrait as evidence of your completion of this unit of work when you submit your Specialists Rich Task.

Instructions for the Specialists Rich Task will be forwarded to you soon.

We are going to be drawing a new self portrait soon so you will need some paper,

some pencils,

or crayons,

or textas.

Some people call textas, markers.

And I would really like it if you had a small mirror so you can look at yourself.

So I am going to give you a little bit of time to organise yourself.

I will just sit here on my blog and wait for you to collect some pencils and textas, some paper and, hopefully, a mirror.

If you don’t have a small mirror you can use to look at yourself perhaps you can move yourself to draw on the floor  somewhere in your house, maybe in the bathroom, where there is a big mirror,

so you can use the big mirror to look at yourself.

So I will just wait until you are ready……..

Oh, you are ready already! That was so fast! Well done!

So while you were getting ready to draw I found a beautiful story to share with you so let’s watch the video.

If you need to stop the video at anytime you can just press the pause button and then come back to the story.

PART 2 READ ALONG WITH MRS MENHENNET

Oh, that was a lovely story called “The Colour of Us”  written and illustrated by Karen Katz.

I thought the illustrations were just gorgeous. Karen Katz is a very clever author and artist. She wrote the story about her daughter Lena and a conversation they had one day when they went out for a walk.

Now I would like you to get your small or big mirror

and have a very good look at your face!

Today you are again going to draw a SELF PORTRAIT but it will be a bit different this time.

Today you are going to draw a MONOCHROMATIC

SELF PORTRAIT.

Yes, it’s a very big word – monochromatic.

I want you to say that long word after me – monochromatic.

Let’s try it again – monochromatic.

Now I want you to say after me  – monochromatic self portrait.

Well done!

If we break the word up the mono part means one and the chromatic part means colour. So now you are going to watch a video made by a very clever art teacher called Cassie Stephens.

She is going to show you some self portraits painted by artists and then show you how to draw a monochromatic self portrait.

wow

In the video she talks to her students about using a very small piece of paper. You can use whatever size paper you have.

In the video she uses a thin black texta to start her drawing. You can use one if you like but you could also use a black pencil.

Let’s watch the video.

PART 3 READ ALONG WITH MRS MENHENNET.

In the video Cassie decides to do her monochromatic self portrait using green.  These are monochromatic self portraits that were done by some of Cassie’s students.

You don’t have to choose green but whatever colour you choose you need to have several lights and darks of that colour.

I hope you have fun drawing your monochromatic self portrait.

You don’t have to submit your drawing this week. Again, I would like you to keep your drawing nice and safe. You will  then submit this week’s monochromatic self portrait as evidence of your completion of this unit of work when you submit your Specialists Rich Task.

Bye,

Mrs Menhennet

Grade Prep Monochromatic self portraits 2020