April 27

I’M BACK!!!

Oh, my poor neglected blog!

Sad-face

I have missed you so much!

missed you sand

My plans for  blogging regularly in the Christmas school holidays just went out the window and it is nearly May! First term has already come and gone, and it is time for this weary old Art Specialist to almost start my first semester reports!!!! Admittedly I have been ill intermittently but I have had SO MUCH admin/paper work to do for school it has been nothing short of insane!

more paperwork

Here in Victoria we are changing curriculum from AusVels to the Australian Curriculum so all our planning documents have had to be updated accordingly but at my school I have also had to update/alter/change/reinvent so much that has to be handed in to be checked, that it feels like it’s all I’ve been doing. Teaching – what teaching????

images

So my plan is to finish uploading all my stuff from 2013 so I can get stuck into uploading all the magnificent work the children have been doing in 2014. I will severely restrict myself to the briefest amount of text I can get away with and if people need extra info about a certain activity they will just have to email me and ask me – otherwise I might never get it all uploaded where it belongs.

I have spent time on my Pinterest boards lately – seriously, I use them EVERY DAY at school –  and this seems to have had an unexpected, but very pleasant affect, as all of a sudden I have about 1700 followers on Pinterest – WOW!

Capture

I hope my Pinterest followers all come over and look at my blog sometime!

images (1)

Thanks for reading and I’m so glad I’m back!

Shell

Tags: , , ,

Posted 27/04/2014 by shelleymenhennet in category art, art blog, art teacher, art teacher blog, insane, Pinterest, Victoria, visual art

3 thoughts on “I’M BACK!!!

1. Beth Burkhauser

Hello Shelly!You contacted me through ArtEd2.0 several weeks ago and I wrote back to you but did not get a reply. I could not use the contact info that was supplied to contact you.
    I will be in Melbourne for the InSEA Congress from July 6 to 11 and then be traveling until the 20 when I return. I have a place to stay and am planing to take a tour or two to explore Tazmania and some other parts of your country.
    I hope you still want to participate in the Hexagon Project(www.hexagonproject.org). If the hexagons are ready by July, I could pick them up from you!!! I hope that you will respond to this comment so I know you are out there!
    You do unbelievable work with your students! You are an inspiration to all!
    We would be honored to make this connection with you!
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Interdependently yours,
    Best